Ever wanted to get a tattoo but not into needles? Unsure if the tattoo you choose would be the right one? In the right place? Temporary airbrush tattoos are the answer! They look just like the real thing and won't come off (even in the shower) for up to one week! Here is your opportunity to look like the famous! Get your temporary tattoos that resemble those of rich and famous!!!!!
Wednesday, 7 March 2012
Inked Up: Guess The Celebrity Tattoo
Do you think you know your celebrity tattoo’s? Check out these celebrity tatt's and guess who you think they are - answers at the bottom of the post (no cheating!).
We have discovered some interesting facts about tattoo’s:
- Winston Churchill's mother, Lady Randolph Churchill, had a snake tattooed on her wrist. It became fashionable in the late 19th and early 20th centuries for aristocrats, including women, to be tattooed. At the time, tattooing was very expensive and people paid large sums for their designs. Later, as the costs were reduced, tattooing was adopted by the lower classes and the practice fell out of favour with the social elite.
- The tattooing machine is based on the design of the doorbell. - Early forms of tattoo removal included the injection or application of wine, lime, garlic or pigeon excrement!
Being rather responsible folk at GO City Girl, before you head off to have a tattoo, here are a few common mistakes to avoid:
1. Getting tattoo too early in life. Tattoos that people get even before they are 18 are most likely to be regretted later. If you are young and want a cartoon character think about how your dad would look with a Hello Kitty tattoo. It is worth to wait and think for longer. 2. Wrong choice of design due to rush.
3. Wrong choice of tattooist due lack of research. Often choice of design is good but quality of work is poor.
4. Tattoo of a name of a person that is not your child.
5. Starting a tattoo and not finishing it due to financial troubles. It is not cool to be walking around with unfinished tattoo for a year, it is better to save up and then make yourself an appointment.
6. Leaving tattoos that need attention (reworking/cover up) for way too long.
7. Getting tattoo aftercare advice from friends rather your tattooist.
8. Getting tattoos by friends and family especially on forearms.
9. Letting somebody drunk or on drugs to scar you for life or being drunk yourself when approaching tattooist. Some tattooists do not care and are willing to do something stupid on you as long as you pay.
10. Letting a tattooist do what he/she wants rather then what you want. You are the one that is responsible for yourself so think for yourself.
So when looking for a tattooist it is key to :
- Ask someone you know who has had a tattoo where they would recommend
- Visit as many tattooists as you can. Ask to see a portfolio of their work and certificates of training and hygiene/first aid. Take someone along with you if this makes it easier to ask.
- Trust your instincts. Does the place feel, look and smell clean? Can you trust the tattooist? Are they open to questions? Do they explain things well? If you're not sure - leave. You could also use our "Think before you ink" service before you go the whole way
The answers to which celebrites the tattoos above belong to: